Thursday 26 February 2009

A simple graphic that sums of Microsoft Live

Microsoft Announces New Web-Based "Live Mesh" - Seattlest: Seattle News, Food, Arts & Events A simple graph that says it all.

I find I am blogging about the Cloud. Mostly because it the killer app of SharePoint. I have set up a SharePoint server in my home, but its far easier to work with my Live account and I have moved everything to it.

I have been a heavy Cloud adapter for 5 years now blogging about it here, on my chaos blog and my Second Life blog. Now for the first time I can see a Microsoft Cloud.

Microsoft's position on machines allows a Mess of devices and content to connect you to the Cloud. The Cloud is there on all levels of computing. The device has a wireless connection to the Internet. Windows expands in to a Web and abstracts your machine and network along with the Web in to a single "space". Suddenly the Web is just part of the Computer.

Office expands via SharePoint technology in to the Cloud. XBox and computer are joined via a Live .NET account which gives you a single platform for entertainment, work, and travel.

Its all here right now. Microsoft is not going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment