Wednesday 26 May 2010

Has Google now gone postal as well?

Not entirely sure why the Web 2.0 staples are going nuts, but frankly Microsoft is looking more and more principled, professional, and excellent.

For example, I received the lovely helpful email:

"Hello, Your blog at http://thegreatslexpedition.blogspot.com/ has been reviewed and confirmed as in violation of our Terms of Service for: SPAM. In accordance to these terms, we've removed the blog and the URL is no longer accessible. For more information, please review the following resources: Blogger Terms of Service: http://blogger.com/terms.gBlogger Content Policy: http://blogger.com/content.g -The Blogger Team"

I would be will to swear in a court of law that what ever the definition of spam is my blog not only did not Spam, it only was receiving a few hundred hard core SL fans contacts a month anyways. You would imagine a automated system looking for SPAM would take in to account if a site was actually driving false clicks to other sites, given you had, oh lets say 4 years of log records on the site.

Well Google itself says there is a chance of false positives, which is why they disabled my Google account and forced me in to a situation where I had to give them my mobile phone numbers to get access to my email.

I think we all need to have second thoughts about the Web 2.0 Cloud. And I think Microsoft is posed to clean the board against these clearly lame new firms that really lacks the professional class enable productive use of IT.

I wounder if this was simple revenge for me saying that Wave and Buzz were a flop?

No comments:

Post a Comment