Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Tablet war, a war I saw coming a year ago


Today, the Android and iPad products

MSNBC writes about how the Samsung Tablet gets a war going between Apples iPad product and Google Android based alternative.

Galaxy Tab vs. iPad: The tablet war begins now - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

In January of this year, before the iPad was even launched I wrote a small piece about how I saw this coming war shaking out



A year ago, my outline of how the battle was like to work out, still waiting for the Microsoft relaunch.



So far the Apple and Android products have taken the hand held in to the tablet space, or slate as I was calling them at the time. Microsoft past efforts to make a tablet have been ongoing and frustrating. This, I feel, is because of Microsoft inability to part with the concept of "Windows". Windows is the idea that has made the company. With the rise of web 3.0 it is time to stop looking at windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment