Tuesday 9 November 2010

Google vs Facebook, the big picture

BBC News - Facebook and Google in data sharing spat

BBC reports about a spat between Google and Facebook over access to GMail account data. This battle between the two primary Internet players is not repeated between Facebook and Microsoft, who are pretty close to each other. Not only did I load MSN data in to Facebook by my MSN Live Messenger and Live Email now have Facebook integration.

The way I see it Facebook and Microsoft have a natural alignment. Microsoft is a major investor in Facebook and as we move forward expect to see more and more integration between Microsoft Cloud products and Facebook services.

I see more and more the Cloud shaking up to a larger battle between Google and Microsoft. And I think any battle between Facebook and Google is really part of this larger war.

No comments:

Post a Comment