Tuesday 24 June 2014

A Windows with Linux under the hood

Opps update is that is story is now invalid, MS is out of this business.

,BR /> Actually for some time I have been predicting a MS-Linux machine of some kind. Windows, once the backbone of MS business, is becoming less and less important in a world dominated by multi-channels and Cloud, and as Windows is less and less important as a core product it becomes a difficult to maintain mass of legacy code. I have to be frank that I have given up on Windows, but I still work extensively with Microsoft. The two are no longer a contradiction. I think the X2 Android Microsoft phone could be the first step for a generation of new devices, that offer the UI experience of Windows Metro but via HTML, running Linux, Unix and Android under the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment